Located in Pomorie, founded in 1856, the monastery of Saint George is the only active male monastery in Southeastern Bulgaria and is a remarkable monument of Renaissance architecture. A marble relief from the II-III century with the image of the Thracian horseman shows that there was a Thracian sanctuary at this place. In the 7th century, in the Byzantine era, a Christian monastery was built here. Initially, the building was a single-nave, but was burned and destroyed by the Turks, as evidenced by the large charred icon of St. George from 1607 all three small icons – “St. Charalampius ”from 1816,“ St. George ”and“ Source of Healing ”from 1818. In 1856 a new church was built, and the old one remains under its dome. The monastery preserves many valuable examples of iconographic art from the XVIII century and the beginning of the XIX century. The current church was built in 1856 with the funds of the Christian population. There are no murals due to the relatively new architectural appearance of the church, and the altar was made by an unknown master. The icons of the Holy Mother of God, St. George, St. Mina and St. Nicholas, dating from the 19th century, are extremely valuable. In 1945 the monastery church expanded.